1.2-RC1 Fdisk still does not write a valid mbr

1.2-RC1 Fdisk still does not write a valid mbr

Paul Dufresne
I was to test 1.2-RC1 under qemu, but realized we still have:
partition signature != 55AA

I checked a bit, last time was feb. 7
"There hasn’t been an update to FDISK yet that I have released because
I am working with Brian to get CATS into 1.3.1." (by Antony Gordon).

Well, maybe the problem is the installer should do fdisk /mbr ?
Or does it do already?

Was to open a bug (sourceforge user dufresnep), but don't have right to do so.

Re: 1.2-RC1 Fdisk still does not write a valid mbr

Paul Dufresne
Oh! My mistake.
I was trying to reboot on the installed disk, rather than reboot on
installation disk:
was passing -boot c rather -boot d again.

Re: 1.2-RC1 Fdisk still does not write a valid mbr

Antony Gordon

Hi,

I think Brian got too busy, I still haven't figured out what causes 1.3.1 to break. I have reached out and even provided him with a copy of my VM as maybe I'm missing something. The CATS portion works now, but I haven't resolved my other error.

On Sat, Nov 5, 2016, 11:32 PM Paul Dufresne <[hidden email]> wrote:
Oh! My mistake.
I was trying to reboot on the installed disk, rather than reboot on
installation disk:
was passing -boot c rather -boot d again.

Clumsily typed on a mobile device