About an idea for a small radar program for Bridge command

About an idea for a small radar program for Bridge command

Johan Andersson
Send this to freedos mailing lists again. Alredy sent to [hidden email] that has recived and to [hidden email] that refused but that's OK I think to reach freedos-devel more relevant in this case.

Hello FreeDOS and gNewSense users as well as developers. I'm asking about your opinion!
Radar display and interface program for Bridge Command via network.
Is it easily done to program a small program that works well in boht FreeDos and dosbox alike?

I think this is a good idea. Will network interface function well?

Bridge command is a ship simulator. Open Source program. For exempel Bridge Command 4.7 has a radar mode, that but as a small program.

https://www.bridgecommand.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1073.0.html

Radar interface program to Bridge Command

I'm thinking that a small radar program that connects to Bridge command is a grate idea. Like the radar mode in Bridge command 4 but as it own program.

For example such small program run on a computer that runs FreeDos is a great idea. Please let me explain why:

Like embedded system

mouse or even better trackball for good user interface

control via keyboard

Use computers that are to old to upgrade.

Full screen radar simulation whit out need for expensive equipment

Build your own radar simulation part to a bridge command based simulator set

or just use an old computer that

If it runs in FreeDos this type of program will probably run in dosbox as well

porting easily done just use dosbox on a verity of other systems...

GNU GPL licensed of course!

This is just a start of a presentation of these idea!

Re: About an idea for a small radar program for Bridge command

Jayden Charbonneau-2
Not exactly sure what you are asking...

Are you asking us if it is possible to create a multiplayer game in FreeDOS over a network?Like,a multiplayer game?If so,I believe it should be possible.You would need the appropriate drivers to use the systems NIC (network card) for it to send/receive TCP/IP packets.