Apologies for the website news item

Jim Hall-2

There's a news item on the website with subject "Microsoft releases source code to MS-DOS discussion" that shouldn't be there. I'm removing it; it will be gone in the next hour.

FYI, this is a comment on an old news post (2014) when Microsoft released the source code to MS-DOS.

The FreeDOS website currently uses the SourceForge news system to manage news, and SourceForge has a few bugs. One bug is if someone comments on a news item, that comment gets passed in the RSS feed as though it were a news item.

So that's how this post made it to the site. We weren't hacked or anything.

(Ironically, I've recently been thinking about replacing the SourceForge news system with something else.)