Compiling PowerPaint

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Compiling PowerPaint

David McMackins
I have some modifications I'd like to make to PowerPaint as hosted on
the FreeDOS archives, but I'm unable to compile the source. I'm
attempting to use FreePascal to do the job, but it's failing to compile
some of the units due to assembler syntax errors.

I can't exactly tell what the problem is; the syntax looks fine to me,
but it's throwing 'Unknown identifier "DX"' and similar for vga2.pas

Is there another assembler or compiler I need to be using for this program?

Happy Hacking,

David E. McMackins II
Associate Member, Free Software Foundation (#12889)

www.mcmackins.org www.delwink.com
www.gnu.org www.fsf.org

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Freedos-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freedos-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Compiling PowerPaint

Ralf Quint
On 7/29/2016 5:04 PM, David McMackins wrote:
> I have some modifications I'd like to make to PowerPaint as hosted on
> the FreeDOS archives, but I'm unable to compile the source. I'm
> attempting to use FreePascal to do the job, but it's failing to compile
> some of the units due to assembler syntax errors.
>
> I can't exactly tell what the problem is; the syntax looks fine to me,
> but it's throwing 'Unknown identifier "DX"' and similar for vga2.pas
>
> Is there another assembler or compiler I need to be using for this program?
Well, I can tell you exactly what the problem is: It is a Turbo Pascal
program, using the BGI (Borland Graphics Interface) library for the
graphics. That simply won't fly to compile in FreePascal, which is from
the get-go a 32bit compiler that can't handle the BGI graphics drivers.

Furthermore, any inline assembler, beside being 32bit, is by default in
AT&T syntax and not the Intel like syntax used in the Borland compilers...

For all practical purposes, even there is now a 16bit x86 target option
for FreePascal, just trying to compile the sources without significant
re-working simply won't work...

Ralf

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Freedos-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freedos-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Compiling PowerPaint

Rugxulo
Hi,

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 7:52 PM, Ralf Quint <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 7/29/2016 5:04 PM, David McMackins wrote:
>
>> I have some modifications I'd like to make to PowerPaint as hosted on
>> the FreeDOS archives, but I'm unable to compile the source. I'm
>> attempting to use FreePascal to do the job, but it's failing to compile
>> some of the units due to assembler syntax errors.
>
> Well, I can tell you exactly what the problem is: It is a Turbo Pascal
> program, using the BGI (Borland Graphics Interface) library for the
> graphics. That simply won't fly to compile in FreePascal, which is from
> the get-go a 32bit compiler that can't handle the BGI graphics drivers.

Dunno. Are you trying to use Go32v2 or i8086-msdos target?

> Furthermore, any inline assembler, beside being 32bit, is by default in
> AT&T syntax and not the Intel like syntax used in the Borland compilers...

I thought Intel was default for {$mode tp}? But it's not 100%
compatible (yet?), no, so any low-level stuff might indeed have to be
reworked. See the online docs:

http://www.freepascal.org/docs.var

http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/current/prog/progch3.html#x144-1450003

> For all practical purposes, even there is now a 16bit x86 target option
> for FreePascal, just trying to compile the sources without significant
> re-working simply won't work...

The 16-bit "msdos" target is finally officially released/supported as
of 3.0.0, but it's a cross-compiler only (and you still need NASM,
WLINK, WLIB). Trunk (which has Win32 snapshots) doesn't need those
tools anymore and also supports "huge" model. It's meant to be mostly
(even binary??) compatible with TP, in theory, but so far it lacks in
a few ways. (The only supported calling convention, last I heard from
the wiki, is "pascal", not Delphi's "register" nor "cdecl").

http://wiki.freepascal.org/DOS

"[Large] is the memory model used by Turbo Pascal version 4 and above"
"[Pascal] is the default calling convention. It strives for
compatibility with Turbo Pascal 7"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Freedos-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freedos-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Compiling PowerPaint

Ralf Quint
On 7/29/2016 7:43 PM, Rugxulo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 7:52 PM, Ralf Quint <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 7/29/2016 5:04 PM, David McMackins wrote:
>>
>>> I have some modifications I'd like to make to PowerPaint as hosted on
>>> the FreeDOS archives, but I'm unable to compile the source. I'm
>>> attempting to use FreePascal to do the job, but it's failing to compile
>>> some of the units due to assembler syntax errors.
>> Well, I can tell you exactly what the problem is: It is a Turbo Pascal
>> program, using the BGI (Borland Graphics Interface) library for the
>> graphics. That simply won't fly to compile in FreePascal, which is from
>> the get-go a 32bit compiler that can't handle the BGI graphics drivers.
> Dunno. Are you trying to use Go32v2 or i8086-msdos target?
Irrelevant. The BGI drivers won't work in either one. And only the 16bit
version could have even a remote chance to ever support that.

>
>> For all practical purposes, even there is now a 16bit x86 target option
>> for FreePascal, just trying to compile the sources without significant
>> re-working simply won't work...
> The 16-bit "msdos" target is finally officially released/supported as
> of 3.0.0, but it's a cross-compiler only (and you still need NASM,
> WLINK, WLIB). Trunk (which has Win32 snapshots) doesn't need those
> tools anymore and also supports "huge" model. It's meant to be mostly
> (even binary??) compatible with TP, in theory, but so far it lacks in
> a few ways. (The only supported calling convention, last I heard from
> the wiki, is "pascal", not Delphi's "register" nor "cdecl").
NASM would be another show stopper in that case, as it too has a
different syntax than the inline assembler of Turbo Pascal. And yes,
there is no native FreePascal compiler on DOS, you have to use either a
Windows or a Linux based cross-compiler.

The best chances for him would be to get the Turbo Pascal 5.5 compiler
from the oldies section at Embarcadero or try and get a copy of Borland
Pascal on EBay, if those are still around...

Ralf

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Freedos-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freedos-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Compiling PowerPaint

David McMackins
In reply to this post by Rugxulo
Indeed, the msdos target exists, but it's not in the distribution on the
FreeDOS host.

I've changed to using the TP compatibility mode, and that has resolved
most of the problems. Now, my biggest problem is getting far pointers to
work, since they're only enabled for msdos.

I'm attempting to compile the msdos compiler, but fpcmake is failing due
to a missing Makefile.fpc in the utils directory in the source tree.


Happy Hacking,

David E. McMackins II
Associate Member, Free Software Foundation (#12889)

www.mcmackins.org www.delwink.com
www.gnu.org www.fsf.org

On 07/29/2016 09:43 PM, Rugxulo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 7:52 PM, Ralf Quint <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 7/29/2016 5:04 PM, David McMackins wrote:
>>
>>> I have some modifications I'd like to make to PowerPaint as hosted on
>>> the FreeDOS archives, but I'm unable to compile the source. I'm
>>> attempting to use FreePascal to do the job, but it's failing to compile
>>> some of the units due to assembler syntax errors.
>>
>> Well, I can tell you exactly what the problem is: It is a Turbo Pascal
>> program, using the BGI (Borland Graphics Interface) library for the
>> graphics. That simply won't fly to compile in FreePascal, which is from
>> the get-go a 32bit compiler that can't handle the BGI graphics drivers.
>
> Dunno. Are you trying to use Go32v2 or i8086-msdos target?
>
>> Furthermore, any inline assembler, beside being 32bit, is by default in
>> AT&T syntax and not the Intel like syntax used in the Borland compilers...
>
> I thought Intel was default for {$mode tp}? But it's not 100%
> compatible (yet?), no, so any low-level stuff might indeed have to be
> reworked. See the online docs:
>
> http://www.freepascal.org/docs.var
>
> http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/current/prog/progch3.html#x144-1450003
>
>> For all practical purposes, even there is now a 16bit x86 target option
>> for FreePascal, just trying to compile the sources without significant
>> re-working simply won't work...
>
> The 16-bit "msdos" target is finally officially released/supported as
> of 3.0.0, but it's a cross-compiler only (and you still need NASM,
> WLINK, WLIB). Trunk (which has Win32 snapshots) doesn't need those
> tools anymore and also supports "huge" model. It's meant to be mostly
> (even binary??) compatible with TP, in theory, but so far it lacks in
> a few ways. (The only supported calling convention, last I heard from
> the wiki, is "pascal", not Delphi's "register" nor "cdecl").
>
> http://wiki.freepascal.org/DOS
>
> "[Large] is the memory model used by Turbo Pascal version 4 and above"
> "[Pascal] is the default calling convention. It strives for
> compatibility with Turbo Pascal 7"
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> _______________________________________________
> Freedos-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freedos-devel
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Freedos-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freedos-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Compiling PowerPaint

Rugxulo
In reply to this post by Ralf Quint
Hi,

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 9:54 PM, Ralf Quint <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> NASM would be another show stopper in that case, as it too has a
> different syntax than the inline assembler of Turbo Pascal.

Not sure exactly, but FPC can output various assembly formats, and it
must convert internally between various ones. So it's not "only" NASM
syntax supported here.

> And yes, there is no native FreePascal compiler [targeting i8086-msdos] on DOS,

Yet.

> you have to use either a Windows or a Linux based cross-compiler.

Although it's not a perfect solution, you can use the Win32 snapshots
under HX in raw DOS.

> The best chances for him would be to get the Turbo Pascal 5.5 compiler
> from the oldies section at Embarcadero or try and get a copy of Borland
> Pascal on EBay, if those are still around...

TP 5.5 is okay but fairly weak in some areas. eBay is probably useless
(EDIT: can't find anything useful). If he just wants to build once, he
can ask someone who has TP (who?) to build for him. If he wants to do
further development, he's going to have to learn more anyways, so FPC
isn't out of the question.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Freedos-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freedos-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Compiling PowerPaint

Rugxulo
In reply to this post by David McMackins
Hi,

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 10:45 PM, David McMackins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Indeed, the msdos target exists, but it's not in the distribution on the
> FreeDOS host.

Go32v2 (32-bit DPMI, COFF) is the main DOS target (since the '90s!).
The i8086-msdos (OMF) target is new to 3.0.0.

> I've changed to using the TP compatibility mode, and that has resolved
> most of the problems. Now, my biggest problem is getting far pointers to
> work, since they're only enabled for msdos.

Read the docs.

> I'm attempting to compile the msdos compiler, but fpcmake is failing due
> to a missing Makefile.fpc in the utils directory in the source tree.

Uh, why are you doing that? Don't do that, you don't need to bootstrap
(and it probably won't work like you want).

Are you trying to use the Win32-hosted cross-compiler in actual DOS?
Snapshots for 3.1.1 are found on the FTP here:

ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/snapshot/v31/i8086-msdos/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Freedos-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freedos-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Compiling PowerPaint

Eric Auer-3
In reply to this post by David McMackins

Hi David,

> I've changed to using the TP compatibility mode, and that has resolved
> most of the problems. Now, my biggest problem is getting far pointers to
> work, since they're only enabled for msdos.

You probably only use those to access the graphics RAM. Check the web,
32 bit compilers like DJGPP let you map the VESA linear frame buffer
memory to data arrays which is probably cooler than VGA RAM anyway :-)
Given that FreePascal also exists in the 32 bit age, it should have it.

Cheers, Eric

PS: I actually have done that before, but only in DJGPP, not in Pascal.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Freedos-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freedos-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Compiling PowerPaint

David McMackins
In reply to this post by Rugxulo
>> Uh, why are you doing that? Don't do that, you don't need to bootstrap
>> (and it probably won't work like you want).
>>
>> Are you trying to use the Win32-hosted cross-compiler in actual DOS?

Not sure why it shouldn't work if compiled from source. My ideal is to
be able to actually change my software on the host system since it has
enough disk space.

My primary OS is Debian Sid, so I'm not using any Win32 compilers. I'm
downloading the msdos cross-compiler for it, and I'll test the outputs
on my VM, since it will be a few days until I have the hardware to
transfer files to my FreeDOS computer without burning a CD.

>> Read the docs.

That's what I'd been doing for hours before ever sending my initial
message. Seems to me the problem is that the go32v2 compiler doesn't
count as "DOS", so it refuses to allow far pointers like all the other
ones except i8086. That's why I would like to have the i8086 version on
my DOS box so that it will actually compile programs that are
distributed for FreeDOS.


Happy Hacking,

David E. McMackins II
Associate Member, Free Software Foundation (#12889)

www.mcmackins.org www.delwink.com
www.gnu.org www.fsf.org

On 07/29/2016 11:04 PM, Rugxulo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 10:45 PM, David McMackins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Indeed, the msdos target exists, but it's not in the distribution on the
>> FreeDOS host.
>
> Go32v2 (32-bit DPMI, COFF) is the main DOS target (since the '90s!).
> The i8086-msdos (OMF) target is new to 3.0.0.
>
>> I've changed to using the TP compatibility mode, and that has resolved
>> most of the problems. Now, my biggest problem is getting far pointers to
>> work, since they're only enabled for msdos.
>
> Read the docs.
>
>> I'm attempting to compile the msdos compiler, but fpcmake is failing due
>> to a missing Makefile.fpc in the utils directory in the source tree.
>
> Uh, why are you doing that? Don't do that, you don't need to bootstrap
> (and it probably won't work like you want).
>
> Are you trying to use the Win32-hosted cross-compiler in actual DOS?
> Snapshots for 3.1.1 are found on the FTP here:
>
> ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/snapshot/v31/i8086-msdos/
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> _______________________________________________
> Freedos-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freedos-devel
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Freedos-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freedos-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Compiling PowerPaint

Rugxulo
Hi,

On Sat, Jul 30, 2016 at 9:43 AM, David McMackins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Uh, why are you doing that? Don't do that, you don't need to bootstrap
>>> (and it probably won't work like you want).
>>>
>>> Are you trying to use the Win32-hosted cross-compiler in actual DOS?
>
> Not sure why it shouldn't work if compiled from source.

Go32v2 has no maintainer, and i8086-msdos is a fluke from one dude.
Although I'm grateful for FPC's hard work, they don't pay much
attention to DOS (too busy with other things).

3.0.0 still needed Watcom tools, and those don't play nice with DJGPP
(esp. long cmdlines). I showed them a workaround, but apparently
nobody cared. "Trunk" (3.1.1) doesn't need that anymore, so you might
be better off grabbing a SVN source snapshot instead (although I still
don't think it will compile with Go32v2, I doubt anybody tried
recently, certainly I didn't).

> My ideal is to be able to actually change my software on the host system
> since it has enough disk space.

So you're trying to rebuild so that you can host and target DOS at the
same time? Personally, like I implied, I just use HX and Win32
snapshot. It's not that hard to get working (see my MetaDOS .img if
really curious).

> My primary OS is Debian Sid, so I'm not using any Win32 compilers. I'm
> downloading the msdos cross-compiler for it, and I'll test the outputs
> on my VM, since it will be a few days until I have the hardware to
> transfer files to my FreeDOS computer without burning a CD.

Yes, I have the 3.0.0 cross-compiler in Linux too. Is that not
convenient enough?

>>> Read the docs.
>
> That's what I'd been doing for hours before ever sending my initial
> message.

Specifically I meant the link I gave regarding using inline asm.

> Seems to me the problem is that the go32v2 compiler doesn't
> count as "DOS", so it refuses to allow far pointers like all the other
> ones except i8086.

For low-level code, DPMI is much harder to use than real mode.

> That's why I would like to have the i8086 version on
> my DOS box so that it will actually compile programs that are
> distributed for FreeDOS.

See MetaDOS on iBiblio (or email me privately for 0.4-pre). It has
PPCROS~1.BAT to make that easier. Of course, I mostly test under QEMU
or VBox with emulated packet driver, but it's not hard to run in
native DOS either.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Freedos-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freedos-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Compiling PowerPaint

Joe Forster/STA
In reply to this post by Ralf Quint
Hi guys,

> Furthermore, any inline assembler, beside being 32bit, is by default in
> AT&T syntax and not the Intel like syntax used in the Borland compilers...

I put online a well-commented sed script that _partially_ converts inline
assembler blocks in Turbo Pascal source from Intel syntax to AT&T:
http://sta.c64.org/shared/asmi2att.sed . I used it for porting my
assembler-optimized libraries into Free Pascal DOS32-compatible format.

Joe
--
KOVÁCS Balázs aka Joe Forster/STA; [hidden email]; http://sta.c64.org
Don't E-mail spam, HTML or uncompressed files! More contacts on homepage
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Freedos-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freedos-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Compiling PowerPaint

Rugxulo
Hi,

On Sun, Jul 31, 2016 at 9:07 AM, Joe Forster/STA <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Furthermore, any inline assembler, beside being 32bit, is by default in
>> AT&T syntax and not the Intel like syntax used in the Borland compilers...
>
> I put online a well-commented sed script that _partially_ converts inline
> assembler blocks in Turbo Pascal source from Intel syntax to AT&T.
> I used it for porting my assembler-optimized libraries into Free Pascal
> DOS32-compatible format.

(DOS32, aka Go32v2, aka DPMI, is much harder to use. Address
translation, transfer buffer, etc.)

Free Pascal already supports {$asmmode intel} (which is default for
{$mode tp} anyways).

"
1.2.3 $ASMMODE : Assembler mode (Intel 80x86 only)

The default assembler reader is the AT&T reader [and default
dialect/mode is "fpc", but you can change that manually or put it in
fpc.cfg].
"

However, there are still various caveats / incompatibilities, so read this:

"Porting Turbo Pascal to Free Pascal"
http://www.freepascal.org/port.var

...

Here's a very sloppy example (try putting "//" before {$mode tp} to
cause errors):

====================================
{$mode tp}
program d2x;
var n:byte; err:integer;

  procedure hexbyte(b: byte); assembler;
  asm
    mov al,b
    push ax
    mov cl,4
    shr al,cl
    cmp al,10
    sbb al,105
    das
    int 29h
    pop ax
    and al,15
    cmp al,10
    sbb al,105
    das
    int 29h
  end;

begin if paramcount=0 then halt;
  val(paramstr(1),n,err); hexbyte(n); writeln('=',hexstr(n,2))
end.
====================================

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Freedos-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freedos-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Compiling PowerPaint

Ladislav Lacina
In reply to this post by Joe Forster/STA

If you have a source code intended for Turbopascal 6 or Turbopascal 7 why you don't use these compilers?

Please, don't say any bullshit about warez software. Just download it from some retrosite and use it. It is 22 years old!


However - if you for some reason want to use a legal software you can use a compiler TPC16 or TPC32

It a clone of Turbopascal 7. Download from http://turbo51.com/compiler-design/tpc16-turbo-pascal-compiler-written-in-turbo-pascal


Note that conversion from Turbopascal to 32-bit freepascal is VERY difficult and you have to be very skilled to do it.

Conversion into 16-bit freepascal is easier but still far from trivial as the internal data representaion differs.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Freedos-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freedos-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Compiling PowerPaint

Rugxulo
Hi,

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 2:32 PM, Ladislav Lacina <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> If you have a source code intended for Turbopascal 6 or Turbopascal 7 why
> you don't use these compilers?
>
> Please, don't say any bullshit about warez software. Just download it from
> some retrosite and use it. It is 22 years old!

Um, with all due respect, I don't know about your local country's
laws, but at least here in the States, it doesn't work like that. Sad
but true. It doesn't matter if we think it's "too old" or even if it
isn't sold any longer. Copyright law just never adjusted properly for
software deprecation. Software ages much faster than literature, but
we don't control that.

Probably easier to find a used copy to buy online somewhere. No idea,
honestly, I wouldn't necessarily waste hours of my time or risk
dangerous legalities: I'd just use FPC.

> However - if you for some reason want to use a legal software you can use a
> compiler TPC16 or TPC32
>
> It a clone of Turbopascal 7. Download from
> http://turbo51.com/compiler-design/tpc16-turbo-pascal-compiler-written-in-turbo-pascal

I don't know about that. Anyways, IIRC, the runtime / libs for this
one here is ripped directly from Borland Pascal, so that's still no
good (without explicit approval, which I don't know if he has, dubious
at best).

Again, I think FPC is the better path. It's "Free" and stable and
mature and has been well-tested over many years.

> Note that conversion from Turbopascal to 32-bit freepascal is VERY difficult
> and you have to be very skilled to do it.

Potentially difficult but not impossible. There's a lot of code out in
the wild, so it shouldn't be impossible to figure out. FPC has copious
docs and various mailing lists, too. Heck, they've also got a wiki.
For pete's sake, it's written in itself, so "check [it] out"!   :-P

> Conversion into 16-bit freepascal is easier but still far from trivial as
> the internal data representaion differs.

Check the generated assembly and/or debug it. It's not rocket science.

"
Supported calling conventions

Pascal

This is the default calling convention. It strives for compatibility
with Turbo Pascal 7.

* Parameters are pushed on the stack left to right.
* The callee cleans the parameters from the stack.
* Procedures and functions must preserve DS, SS and BP and may destroy
AX, BX, CX, DX, SI, DI and ES.
* 16-bit results are returned in AX, 32-bit results in DX:AX
* 64-bit ints are returned in AX:BX:CX:DX. Note that Turbo Pascal
doesn't support int64, so this behavior is borrowed from Open Watcom's
'pascal' calling convention.
"

Is it really that much harder than entirely porting over to Linux? I
don't think so.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Freedos-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freedos-devel