FreeDOS 1.2 RC1 --- EMS memory size settings

FreeDOS 1.2 RC1 --- EMS memory size settings

Szőgyényi Gábor
Hi freedos-users!

I successfully installed the FreeDOS 1.2 RC1. I want to modify the size of the EMS memory.
Maybe this line is the responsible for the EMS memory, but I don't know how to set the size.

2?DEVICE=C:\FDOS\BIN\JEMM386.EXE X=TEST I=TEST I=B000-B7FF NOVME NOINVLPG

Thanks,
Gábor

Re: FreeDOS 1.2 RC1 --- EMS memory size settings

Louis Santillan
You (mostly) follow the documentation here [0].  Specifically you want
a line like below for a 2MB (2048KB) EMS page space:

2?DEVICE=C:\FDOS\BIN\JEMM386.EXE X=TEST I=TEST I=B000-B7FF NOVME NOINVLPG 2048

2?DEVICE=C:\FDOS\BIN\JEMM386.EXE X=TEST I=TEST I=B000-B7FF NOVME
NOINVLPG MAX=2048

[0] http://help.fdos.org/en/hhstndrd/base/jemm386.htm