FreeDOS Install

Lawrence Dionne
I have an old Dell computer: Intel Celeron processor 700Mhz CPU 320MB RAM

I thought it would make a nice machine for installin and runnin FreeDOS, but here is the issue:

"freedos invalid opcode at 0FAE 1068 0046 0001 0002 0000 0200 0000 0000 0183 0000 4200 0001"

I boot the CD, choose "Install to hard drive" and after some text I get a constantly scrollin message.

I was able to get it to install, at least partially by the following procedure:

Start the CD then after choosing install to hard drive, I press F8 to choose the config.sys settings.

Once I skip the "himemx.sys" item, it will install, at least partially.  I stops at the 4DOS packages.

Does anyone know of a fix for this?  Is the computer too 'Old' for FreeDOS?

Re: FreeDOS Install

Ira Minor
Try using the Legacy Installer CD rather than the Standard one.

Ira

[hidden email]  805-212-0588

On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 1:10 PM, Lawrence Dionne <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have an old Dell computer: Intel Celeron processor 700Mhz CPU 320MB RAM

I thought it would make a nice machine for installin and runnin FreeDOS, but here is the issue:

"freedos invalid opcode at 0FAE 1068 0046 0001 0002 0000 0200 0000 0000 0183 0000 4200 0001"

I boot the CD, choose "Install to hard drive" and after some text I get a constantly scrollin message.

I was able to get it to install, at least partially by the following procedure:

Start the CD then after choosing install to hard drive, I press F8 to choose the config.sys settings.

Once I skip the "himemx.sys" item, it will install, at least partially.  I stops at the 4DOS packages.

Does anyone know of a fix for this?  Is the computer too 'Old' for FreeDOS?

Re: FreeDOS Install

Jamesapp
Hey guys I just bought soft pic 1.3 unopened in a box with the plastic still on it.

What do you think of that ira?

Sent from my iPhone