FreeDOS Speed

Ira Minor
Thanks. I was using the fdconfig.sys and autoexec.bat that were generated when I installed FreeDOS. At bootup I use the first choice. I am running natively on a 486.
once I commented out LH FDAPM APMDOS in autoexec.bat and rebooted my compiles run at full speed. FDAPM has a SPEED subcommand that changes the speed in 1/8 steps. 8/8 is full speed, 4/8 is half speed. Games need to slow the system down weather running natively or in a virtual machine.

Ira

[hidden email]  805-212-0588