Kolibri OS boot from Freedos 1.2 with syslinux

Kolibri OS boot from Freedos 1.2 with syslinux

Wolfgang ANdreas Heisele
Hi,

I played a little bit more with freedos 1.2 and kolibri os and now I got kolibri os to boot with syslinux, but freedos is no longer booting? What I did was install the syslinux boot package and installed it with the command c:\fdos\bin\syslinux -d /fdos/bin c: and edit out the second lable in syslinux.cfg with kolibri.img as image which I have copied over to c: Now on boot I can boot to kolibri os with 2 and Enter, but freedos does not work with 1 or nothing. What did I do wrong?

Thanks for the help.

Fw: Kolibri OS boot from Freedos 1.2 with syslinux

Wolfgang ANdreas Heisele
Hi,

I want to use syslinux/memdisk to load the kolibri os image because it is much faster than the floppy boot. I can copy the kolibrios folder over to the partition after I first booted the kolibri.img, so the7-Zip issue is somewhat solved. All I need to know now is why freedos is no longer booting when I use the c:\fdos\bin\syslinux -d /fdos/bin c: command and command out the second lable in syslinux.cfg.

Anyway, I wish you all a Happy New Year!

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 29. Dezember 2016 um 09:52 Uhr
Von: "Wolfgang ANdreas Heisele" <[hidden email]>
An: [hidden email]
Betreff: Kolibri OS boot from Freedos 1.2 with syslinux

Hi,

I played a little bit more with freedos 1.2 and kolibri os and now I got kolibri os to boot with syslinux, but freedos is no longer booting? What I did was install the syslinux boot package and installed it with the command c:\fdos\bin\syslinux -d /fdos/bin c: and edit out the second lable in syslinux.cfg with kolibri.img as image which I have copied over to c: Now on boot I can boot to kolibri os with 2 and Enter, but freedos does not work with 1 or nothing. What did I do wrong?

Thanks for the help.

Re: Fw: Kolibri OS boot from Freedos 1.2 with syslinux

Although this may not be what you meant, just to state the obvious (so
as not to leave you hanging) ....

On Sat, Dec 31, 2016 at 7:55 AM, Wolfgang ANdreas Heisele
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> All I need to know now is why freedos is no longer booting when I use the
> c:\fdos\bin\syslinux -d /fdos/bin c: command and command out the second
> lable in syslinux.cfg.

If you need to make your FAT partition bootable by DOS again, you must
use "sys":

* http://help.fdos.org/en/hhstndrd/base/sys.htm
* http://help.fdos.org/de/hhstndrd/base/sys.htm

> Anyway, I wish you all a Happy New Year!

Same to you and yours.

Re: Kolibri OS boot from Freedos 1.2 with syslinux

Marco Achury-3
 Have you tried grub for DOS?  Search as GRUB4DOS.

I remember long time ago kolobrios used to have installers for several versions of Windows including win9x.