NTFS4DOS and FreeDOS using installhigh?

kd4d
Good afternoon, all:

I just tried to run NTFS4DOS (the Free for personal use version) with
FreeDOS.  It worked fine.  I then tried to run it from config.sys
using "installhigh."  I got an out of memory error.

!DEVICE=A:\fdos\HIMEM.EXE
!DEVICE=A:\fdos\EMM386.EXE VDS NOEMS X=TEST /MEMCHECK /verbose
!SHELLHIGH=A:\COMMAND.COM /E:1024 /P

!device=a:\fdos\tdsk.exe 4096

!DOSDATA=UMB
!DOS=UMB
!FILES=20
!BUFFERS=20
!LASTDRIVE=Z

!INSTALLHIGH=a:\ntfs4dos\ntfs4dos.exe a:\command.com /K

The documentation that comes with NTFS4DOS shows using
umbpci rather than emm386.

DEVICEHIGH=A:\UMBPCI.SYS

I haven't tried this yet...I am unsure about the interactions
between UMBPCI and EMM386.

Has anyone successfully run NTFS4DOS with FreeDOS using
this trick to free up low memory?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mark Bailey

How do I use COUNTRY in FreeDOS?

Alain Mouette
Hi all,

I have seached the docs and didn't find, in my archieves I only found this:

Bart Oldeman wrote:

 > FreeDOS kernel 2030 is out at the usual place at
 > [...]
 > * Bulgaria (359) was added to the basic country= list.

How do I use Contry and how much is implemented of it?
I tried
     country=055
     country=055,850
but in both cases it needs the country.sys file. Where can I find it?
(appart from M$ disks)

thanks,
Alain