OpenGEM 7 RC3 is now ready - and this should be it

OpenGEM 7 RC3 is now ready - and this should be it

Shane M. Coughlan
Hi all

The final(?) Release Candidate of OpenGEM 7 is ready and available for testing. To try it just download the zip file from the repository and unpack to the C: drive in your relevant machine while preserving directory structure. Type GEM to execute the GEM.BAT file.

The OpenGEM repository is here:
https://github.com/shanecoughlan/OpenGEM

By the way, this RC saw some big changes.
OpenGEM Release 7 RC 3 - 9th July 2017
 - Updated README.TXT and GUIDE.TXT
 - Updated GEM.BAT file (notices)
 - Updated SETUP.BAT file (notices and pause feature)
 - Updated CuteMouse driver from 1.9 to 2.1b4
 - Changed SHUTDOWN 1.2 abandonware from
   http://vetusware.com/download/SHUTDOWN%201.2/
   to SHUTDOWN 1.1 and REBOOT 1.0 from
   https://www.plop.at/en/dostools.html

If I get no feedback in the next week then I will consider the release ready and go “gold."

Regards

Shane

Re: OpenGEM 7 RC3 is now ready - and this should be it

On Sun, Jul 9, 2017 at 8:56 AM, Shane Coughlan
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> The final(?) Release Candidate of OpenGEM 7 is ready and available for testing.
>
> By the way, this RC saw some big changes.
> OpenGEM Release 7 RC 3 - 9th July 2017
>  - Changed SHUTDOWN 1.2 abandonware
>    to SHUTDOWN 1.1 and REBOOT 1.0 from
>    https://www.plop.at/en/dostools.html
>
> If I get no feedback in the next week then I will consider the release ready and go “gold."

I've not looked closely at this, but I recommend that you use FDAPM
(GPL) instead:

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/distributions/1.2/repos/pkg-html/fdapm.html