Pat Villani

Jim Hall-2
FreeDOS friends:

I must share the sad news that Pasquale "Pat" Villani, 57, passed away
on Saturday night, at his home. Many of you knew Pat. For our new
members: Pat Villani was the author of the original FreeDOS kernel.

Pat and I were good friends. Although we never met in person, we
chatted on the phone several times. And lots and lots of email
conversations, half the time about FreeDOS and half about just
anything. The last time Pat and I emailed each other, he was following
the work on FreeDOS 1.1 with great interest.

I have known for a long time that he wasn't doing well, but of course
you're never prepared for these things.

To read the obituary, and to leave an online condolence message,
please visit: http://cmfh.frontrunnerpro.com/runtime/192/runtime.php?SiteId=192&NavigatorId=30617&op=tributeObituary&viewOpt=dpaneOnly&ItemId=943473

If that direct link doesn't work, you may find the information on
http://www.claytonfuneralhome.com/

My thoughts are with his family.

Thanks.
-jh

Re: Pat Villani

CK Raju, Thrissur
On 30 August 2011 04:55, Jim Hall <[hidden email]> wrote:
> FreeDOS friends:
>
> I must share the sad news that Pasquale "Pat" Villani, 57, passed away
> on Saturday night, at his home. Many of you knew Pat. For our new
> members: Pat Villani was the author of the original FreeDOS kernel.

A great loss. May his ideas and efforts live through us.

> Pat and I were good friends. Although we never met in person, we
> chatted on the phone several times. And lots and lots of email
> conversations, half the time about FreeDOS and half about just
> anything. The last time Pat and I emailed each other, he was following
> the work on FreeDOS 1.1 with great interest.
>
> I have known for a long time that he wasn't doing well, but of course
> you're never prepared for these things.
>
> To read the obituary, and to leave an online condolence message,
> please visit: http://cmfh.frontrunnerpro.com/runtime/192/runtime.php?SiteId=192&NavigatorId=30617&op=tributeObituary&viewOpt=dpaneOnly&ItemId=943473
>
> If that direct link doesn't work, you may find the information on
> http://www.claytonfuneralhome.com/
>

> My thoughts are with his family.
>
> Thanks.
> -jh

CK Raju

Re: Pat Villani

Ralf A. Quint
At 04:25 PM 8/29/2011, Jim Hall wrote:
>FreeDOS friends:
>
>I must share the sad news that Pasquale "Pat" Villani, 57, passed away
>on Saturday night, at his home. Many of you knew Pat. For our new
>members: Pat Villani was the author of the original FreeDOS kernel.

Really sorry to hear that... :-(

Ralf

Re: Pat Villani

Aitor Santamaría
Sad news indeed!!

The first stone towards the big building called FreeDOS.

My condolences too,
Aitor