Quantcast

Re: Freedos-user Freedos-

Mike Powell
Originally to: Ralf Quint

> From: Ralf Quint <[hidden email]>
> On 11/8/2016 7:38 AM, Mike Powell wrote:
> >
> > For the uneducated, what is a "USB floppy drive"?
> A floppy drive connected via a USB port...

> Google it and you will find it, for example
> https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-External-Floppy-Drive-FL-UDRV/dp/B00E9MD700

Well, duuuh on my part.  For some reason, I was thinking of some hardware
contraption that allowed a USB stick to be identified as a floppy drive,
making it accessable to DOS.  :)

Mike

---
 # SLMR 2.1a # Here is a loud announcement... Silence in the studio!!

Re: Freedos-user Freedos-

Matej Horvat
On Thu, 10 Nov 2016 18:51:00 +0100, Mike Powell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Well, duuuh on my part.  For some reason, I was thinking of some hardware
> contraption that allowed a USB stick to be identified as a floppy drive,
> making it accessable to DOS.  :)

That does exist, in a way. I have a computer whose BIOS can boot from a
USB device in such a way that it convinces DOS that drive A: is a
multi-hundred-megabyte floppy disk. The speed is comparable to one as well.