Re: Freedos-user USB driv

Mike Powell
Originally to: Rugxulo

> From: Rugxulo <[hidden email]>

> Having said that, USB floppy drive should automatically work (thanks
> to the BIOS). I have one, it works fine (although I haven't used it
> lately). Of course, I don't have any UEFI machines, so I don't know
> how those would behave.

For the uneducated, what is a "USB floppy drive"?

> But, then again, most likely it won't work like you expect. There
> isn't much else supported. If you want Linux-level support, just use
> Linux. (Sad but true.)

With linux, you can run dosemu with freedos loaded and have a lot of DOS
things that still work.  :)

Mike

---
 # SLMR 2.1a # "Television! Teacher, Mother, Secret Lover..." - Homer

Re: Freedos-user USB driv

Ralf Quint
On 11/8/2016 7:38 AM, Mike Powell wrote:

> For the uneducated, what is a "USB floppy drive"?
A floppy drive connected via a USB port...

Google it and you will find it, for example
https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-External-Floppy-Drive-FL-UDRV/dp/B00E9MD700

Ralf

---