Re: WIFI on DOS (was: bsum - compute BSD checksumsof yo

Re: WIFI on DOS (was: bsum - compute BSD checksumsof yo

Karen Lewellen-2
From: Mateusz Viste <[hidden email]>

On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 10:37:44 -0400, Dale E Sterner wrote:
> Would you or anyone else know if there is an 802.11 client for dos?
> Never heard of one but you guys know alot more than I ever will.

I don't think there is such thing as a "802.11 client" - it only depends
whether or not the given wifi card has a driver for DOS.

I know that there are (old) wifi network cards with DOS compatibility,
but these are usually restricted to WEP encryption, which is very weak.

A probably better solution (that I use myself) is too use a classic
Ethernet network card with DOS, and hook it to some wifi AP in bridge
mode. When considering what network card to use, I like to compare the
memory footprint of its packet packet driver. For example the packet
driver of an RTL8139 consumes 26K of RAM, while the packet driver of a
3C590 needs only 11K.

Mateusz

--- Internet Rex 2.29
 * Origin: capcity2.synchro.net - 502/875-8938 (276:10/901)
--- Synchronet 3.15a-Linux ListGate 1.3
 *  Capitol City Online - Frankfort, KY - telnet://capitolcityonline.net