Re: Would someone help me with my subscription ?

Re: Would someone help me with my subscription ?

Robert Riebisch
Hi Jose,

>  I received this message, which seems genuine:
>
>> From: "SourceForge.net" <[hidden email]>
>> To: <[hidden email]>

I got a similar message on Saturday.

>>  Form security (reCAPTCHA) missing, please submit again
>
>   Nowhere on the original page there was a captcha field.

reCAPTCHA opens a pop-up, where you have to selected from a 4x4 (?) set
of images, e. g., all images showing a bus, or a tree. You get it...

>  This looks like another contrivance to keep out users of old browsers.
>  ( I am using Firefox 2.0.20 for Windows98)

Worked fine here for me on XP using Chrome 49 or Firefox 50.

Robert Riebisch
--
              +++ BTTR Software +++
     Home page:  http://www.bttr-software.de/

smime.p7s (6K) Download Attachment

Re: Would someone help me with my subscription ?

Jim Hall-2
[..]
>>   Nowhere on the original page there was a captcha field.
>
> reCAPTCHA opens a pop-up, where you have to selected from a 4x4 (?) set
> of images, e. g., all images showing a bus, or a tree. You get it...
>
>>  This looks like another contrivance to keep out users of old browsers.
>>  ( I am using Firefox 2.0.20 for Windows98)
>
> Worked fine here for me on XP using Chrome 49 or Firefox 50.

reCAPTCHA is heavy javascript. I think the limiting factor isn't the
browser per-se, but the level of javascript support in your browser,
and if you have javascript turned on. Some folks opt to disable
javascript, so Jose might also check he has javascript turned on.

Sites that use reCAPTCHA can opt to enable a mode that will work on
browsers without javascript, but site admins (i.e. SourceForge) have
to take an extra step to make that happen. I haven't looked at the
SourceForge page's HTML code, but maybe they didn't take that extra
step.
https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/faq#does-recaptcha-support-users-that-dont-have-javascript-enabled

Re: Would someone help me with my subscription ?

Ralf Quint
On 6/12/2017 12:34 PM, Robert Riebisch wrote:

>>>  Form security (reCAPTCHA) missing, please submit again
>>   Nowhere on the original page there was a captcha field.
> reCAPTCHA opens a pop-up, where you have to selected from a 4x4 (?) set
> of images, e. g., all images showing a bus, or a tree. You get it...
As he stated, there is no Captcha dialog anywhere along that way, there
is just a (couple of) error message(s) about it popping up.

Ralf

---

Re: Would someone help me with my subscription ?

Robert Riebisch
Hi Ralf Quint,

>>>   Nowhere on the original page there was a captcha field.
>> reCAPTCHA opens a pop-up, where you have to selected from a 4x4 (?) set
>> of images, e. g., all images showing a bus, or a tree. You get it...
> As he stated, there is no Captcha dialog anywhere along that way, there
> is just a (couple of) error message(s) about it popping up.

I know. I just wanted to tell him, what "normally" happens. ;-)

Robert Riebisch