Quantcast

Re: after

BlameTroi
Originally to: ALL

Eric,

>> C:\ELVIS\DOC>find /i "env" e*.htm
>> .... file list ...
>> Error reading from drive A: DOS area: general failure
>
> Does the same bug happen with find /i "env" C:e*.htm
> and with find /i "env" C:\elvis\doc\e*.htm by the way?

Yes it does. I've seen a few posts and such that sound somewhat
similar after running some searches, but nothing quite seemed to be
this problem.

Not a huge deal for me, there's no 15 seconds of drive A: clanking to
deal with :)

Re: after

Karen Lewellen-2
From: BlameTroi <[hidden email]>

Eric,

In the three cases (mine and your two suggestions) if DOSLFN is loaded
and enabled, there is no sign of a problem.

If DOSLFN is not loaded, I get the error.

If DOSLFN has been loaded, but I disable it (DOSLFN /D), the error returns.

So, DOSLFN seems to "fix" the problem, at least from a user perspective.

This is FD 1.2.

Thanks again.

>>> It could be a rare kernel bug, but my guess is some buffer overflow in the
>>> IO95 lib. I think this problem is hidden by enabling DOSLFN.
>>
>> Yes indeed that did either mask or "fix" the problem. Thanks.
>
> In that case please tell in which situations the bug does
> happen and in which not, for example with/without having
> DOSLFN loaded :-) It could still be a bug caused by kernel
> limitations which affect LFN file listing more than 8.3?

--- Internet Rex 2.29
 * Origin: capcity2.synchro.net - 502/875-8938 (1:2320/105.99)

---
 * BgNet 1.0b12 = CCO * KY/US * 502/875-8938 * capcity2.synchro.net
--- Synchronet 3.15a-Linux ListGate 1.3
 *  Capitol City Online - Frankfort, KY - telnet://capitolcityonline.net