Quantcast

SOUND Program for FreeDOS

Ercan Ersoy
I have been written a program for FreeDOS. This program is SOUND. SOUND
is given output from PC speaker. SOUND licensed by GNU GPL version 2 or
any later version.

SOUND Web Site: https://gitlab.com/ercanersoy/SOUND

SOUND Current Version: 0.1

Best regards,
Ercan

Re: SOUND Program for FreeDOS

Jim Hall-2
Looks like your program generates specific frequencies for a defined duration:

      printf("SOUND - Output sound from PC speaker.\r\n");
      printf("  SOUND frequency delay\r\n");
      printf("\r\n");
      printf("Options:\r\n");
      printf("frequency  Output sound frequency in Hz.\r\n");
      printf("delay      Delay with output sound in ms.\r\n");

A simple program, but possibly interesting. It reminds me somewhat of a demonstration someone gave waaaaaaaaay back on the Altair 8080, where they created a program then put a radio next to the system. When the program ran, it induced sound through the radio, playing a little song.

I wonder if someone who is interested in retro stuff might want to do something similar through your program.

It's too narrow and limited to include in the FreeDOS distro, but I'll gladly tweet it on our Twitter account so folks can find it.

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 11:13 AM, Ercan Ersoy <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have been written a program for FreeDOS. This program is SOUND. SOUND
is given output from PC speaker. SOUND licensed by GNU GPL version 2 or
any later version.

SOUND Web Site: https://gitlab.com/ercanersoy/SOUND

SOUND Current Version: 0.1

Best regards,
Ercan

Re: SOUND Program for FreeDOS

Jerome Shidel

On Apr 18, 2017, at 12:48 PM, Jim Hall <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Also, there is already simple command line program included in V8Power Tools that can perform this task and a little more.

It will also do multiple items, something like (hz:ms):

vpcspkr 200:200 0:50 300:200 0 100:500 0

Jerome