I have an accounting app from the early 90s. I first ran it under DRDOS
and then FreeDOS for about a decade. I have looked at many other
accounting apps but have not found anything that works better for me.
The primary functions have always worked well. However, a couple years
ago the archive function refused to do anything. I ran it under WXP and
archive worked. Recently I needed to restore the data base from backup.
That required a "Reprocess data". That did nothing. I ran it under
WXP and the function worked.
The first case was FreeDOS 1.0. The second is FreeDOS 1.1
"out-of-the-box", from the top line of the menu.