Quantcast

Svarog386 now with a multi-lingual installer

Svarog386 now with a multi-lingual installer

Mateusz Viste-5
Hello all,

For those of you who followed my Svarog386 project: you might find it
interesting that the current version of Svarog386 comes with a multi-
lingual installer. This makes the installation process much more user-
friendly. The distribution also comes in an additional, alternative
"micro" version, which should please people that look for a MS-DOS
replacement, and do not need all the third-party packages.

  http://svarog386.sf.net

...and for those of you who do not know what Svarog386 is, but still
might care: Svarog386 is a free, multilingual DOS distribution based on
FreeDOS. It's released in the form of a single bootable CD image (ISO)
that contains the FreeDOS kernel, a command interpreter and a variety of
third-party packages.

cheers,
Mateusz

Re: Svarog386 now with a multi-lingual installer

Eric Auer-3

Hi Mateusz,

> For those of you who followed my Svarog386 project: you might find it
> interesting that the current version of Svarog386 comes with a multi-
> lingual installer...

Thanks :-) In other 386-related news: XMGR, UIDE and UHDD recently
received updates for the closed-source versions to work on 386. The
2015 versions used by FreeDOS are missing important tricks to please
kinks of the original 386 architecture and only work on newer CPU:
Think of required jumps after mode switches or details of GDT items.
It might be possible to use older (2012?) versions on 386, though.

I can forward the details if there is interest.

Regards, Eric