Quantcast

Urgent FreeDos Keyboard Layout Hardware Help

12

Urgent FreeDos Keyboard Layout Hardware Help

Salih Yuhnis

We have a problem with using FreeDos keyboard layaout when we try to load any custom keyboard.We can load custom keyboard settings in a virtualbox machine without any problems.When we use on a Real Hardware Machine  we didn't recieve any code errors but any other custom keyboard settings doesnt work.We need to solve this problem for our work usage in Freedos urgently. FreeDos keyboard programmer or Assembler coder who can solve this problem for us please contact with me urgently.

Solver of this problem will be rewarded with 500$.

FreeDos Version :

0.84-pre2 XMS_Swap [Aug 28 2006 00:29:00]

Dos Version 7.10

FreeDOS  kernel 2042 (build 2042 OEM:0xfd) [compiled May 11 2016]

Example of Running Code :

A:\FREEDOS>keyb.exe TR,857,KEYBRD2.SYS

FreeDOS KEYB 2.01 - (c) Aitor Santamaria Merino - GNU GPL 2.0

Keyboard Layout : KEYBRD2.SYS [857] (3)

Hardware Specs:

CPU : Intel (R) Celeron(R) 3205U @ 1.50 GHz

Memory : 2048 MB (DDR3L)

Thanks and Best regards.

Salih.

Re: Urgent FreeDos Keyboard Layout Hardware Help

Eric Auer-3

Hi Salih,

have you checked whether there could be a problem with the
settings of your host operating system and/or virtualbox?

Unfortunately Turkish is not among the layouts built into
the smaller MKEYB driver, otherwise you could try if that
works better than KEYB. Please explain exactly in which
way KEYB "does not work" inside virtualbox. Thank you!

Regards, Eric

PS: You may also want to use DISPLAY and MODE to load a
font optimized for codepage 857, as BIOS default is 437.

On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 12:41 PM, Eric Auer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> have you checked whether there could be a problem with the
> settings of your host operating system

His details say kernel 2042, so maybe it's a regression?? Maybe he
could try (older) 2041 instead?

https://sourceforge.net/projects/freedos/files/Kernel/2041/ke2041_86f32.zip/download

Or is he testing classic FD 1.1 or (newer) FD 1.2-pre? (Or some other
variation?)

Okay, obviously we need to see "full" FDCONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT
somewhere. Try pasting them here:

http://pastebin.com/

> and/or virtualbox?
>
> Please explain exactly in which way KEYB "does not work" inside virtualbox.

But he says: "We can load custom keyboard settings in a virtualbox
machine without any problems."

Alas, no explicit error messages mentioned (or what lacking
functionality is actually expected).

Is this an upgrade? Has this worked before (with FreeDOS)? Is this
something (relatively) newly broken? Or is it just not obvious to you
how exactly to use KEYB (and friends, etc.)?

> PS: You may also want to use DISPLAY and MODE to load a
> font optimized for codepage 857, as BIOS default is 437.

If he isn't using DISPLAY, MODE, etc. already, then that may be his problem.

http://help.fdos.org/en/hhstndrd/base/display.htm

(... continued below ...)

>> We have a problem with using FreeDos keyboard layaout when we try to
>> load any custom keyboard.We can load custom keyboard settings in a
>> virtualbox machine without any problems.

VBox works 100% fine, then?

>> When we use on a Real Hardware Machine  we didn't recieve any code
>> errors but any other custom keyboard settings doesnt work.

"Any other custom keyboard settings" ... what exactly "doesn't work" (anymore)??

>> We need to solve this problem for our work usage in Freedos urgently.
>> FreeDos keyboard programmer or Assembler coder who can solve this
>> problem for us please contact with me urgently.
>
>> Solver of this problem will be rewarded with 500$.

I assume Tom Ehlert can whip up some quick Turkish support in MKEYB
for you, if needed.

(However, I don't think FD KEYB is totally beyond use, but I can't
understand what you're seeing or missing.)

>> FreeDos Version : 0.84-pre2 XMS_Swap [Aug 28 2006 00:29:00] Dos
>> Version 7.10 FreeDOS  kernel 2042 (build 2042 OEM:0xfd) [compiled May
>> 11 2016]
>
>> Example of Running Code : A:\FREEDOS>keyb.exe TR,857,KEYBRD2.SYS
>> FreeDOS KEYB 2.01 - (c) Aitor Santamaria Merino - GNU GPL 2.0
>> Keyboard Layout : KEYBRD2.SYS [857] (3)

Here's what last worked for me:

if not "%DEFAULT%"=="853" keyb gk,,%DOSDIR%\keybrd2.sys

Not much difference to your invocation, so I don't know what's choking for you.

Re: Urgent FreeDos Keyboard Layout Hardware Help

On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 12:41 PM, Eric Auer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Unfortunately Turkish is not among the layouts built into the smaller MKEYB driver
>
> PS: You may also want to use DISPLAY and MODE to load a
> font optimized for codepage 857, as BIOS default is 437.
>
>> Example of Running Code : A:\FREEDOS>keyb.exe TR,857,KEYBRD2.SYS

BTW, just to state the obvious, although I know that cp857 is mostly
preferred for Turkish (not that I understand it), but (with FreeDOS)
I've used cp853 successfully (which was the previously preferred
codepage for Turkish, Maltese, and Esperanto).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_page_853

But if all you want to do is edit text, you can even edit Unicode with
various DOS editors (e.g. GNU Emacs, Blocek, or Mined).

I'll try to quote the relevant config I've used for cp853 (it's been a
while since I weakly tried it, but it did work):

(FDCONFIG.SYS):

COUNTRY=1,,C:\FDOS\COUNTRY.SYS

(AUTOEXEC.BAT):

set CPIDIR=%DOSDIR%\cpi
display con=(ega,,3)
mode con cp prep=((853) %CPIDIR%\ega.cpx)
mode con cp prep=((,737,869) %CPIDIR%\ega5.cpx)
mode con cp sel=853
set CPIDIR=

nlsfunc /y %DOSDIR%\country.sys

REM (can unload later, needs 286+)
REM !! BUG ALERT !!: do NOT use 2009 KEYB*.SYS files w/ 2006 KEYB.EXE
keyb us,,%DOSDIR%\keyboard.sys
echo.
echo KEYB: Ctrl-Alt-F1 to disable or Ctrl-Alt-F2 to re-enable!
echo.

mode con cp /status

Ynt: Urgent FreeDos Keyboard Layout Hardware Help

Salih Yuhnis

Hello Eric,

Keyboard layout is working well in virtualbox pc.

But is not working in real machine as specs are given.

We are using linux.cfg boot up from PXE to catch up mac adress with tftpserver.

We were using ms-dos before but after we changed production of our mini terminal machines (made a cpu upgrade). They didnt work in msdos we got emm386 compatibility errors.

So we moved to freedos and now have a keyboard problem but also other keyboard layouts are not working too.

Thanks and Best regards.

Salih

have you checked whether there could be a problem with the
settings of your host operating system and/or virtualbox?

Unfortunately Turkish is not among the layouts built into
the smaller MKEYB driver, otherwise you could try if that
works better than KEYB. Please explain exactly in which
way KEYB "does not work" inside virtualbox. Thank you!

Regards, Eric

PS: You may also want to use DISPLAY and MODE to load a
font optimized for codepage 857, as BIOS default is 437.

> We have a problem with using FreeDos keyboard layaout when we try to
> load any custom keyboard.We can load custom keyboard settings in a
> virtualbox machine without any problems.When we use on a Real
> Hardware Machine  we didn't recieve any code errors but any other
> custom keyboard settings doesnt work.We need to solve this problem
> for our work usage in Freedos urgently. FreeDos keyboard programmer
> or Assembler coder who can solve this problem for us please contact
> with me urgently.

> Solver of this problem will be rewarded with 500$.

> FreeDos Version : 0.84-pre2 XMS_Swap [Aug 28 2006 00:29:00] Dos
> Version 7.10 FreeDOS  kernel 2042 (build 2042 OEM:0xfd) [compiled May
> 11 2016]

> Example of Running Code : A:\FREEDOS>keyb.exe TR,857,KEYBRD2.SYS
> FreeDOS KEYB 2.01 - (c) Aitor Santamaria Merino - GNU GPL 2.0
> Keyboard Layout : KEYBRD2.SYS [857] (3)

lists.sourceforge.net
To see the collection of prior postings to the list, visit the Freedos-user Archives. Using Freedos-user: To post a message to all the list members ...

Ynt: Urgent FreeDos Keyboard Layout Hardware Help

Salih Yuhnis

Hello Rugxulo,

We will try your method inside the config code change and other zip file for the keyboard problem.

As you write its not loading into memory the keyb.exe file to run any keyboard layouts. It comes default 437 and giving not any errors while it loads.

Also if there are other written keyboard program codes for freedos that supports our cpu class that  who can find any working code for if it is sucessful as i wrote we will give a reward.

Thanks and Best regards.

Salih.

On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 12:41 PM, Eric Auer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Unfortunately Turkish is not among the layouts built into the smaller MKEYB driver
>
> PS: You may also want to use DISPLAY and MODE to load a
> font optimized for codepage 857, as BIOS default is 437.
>
>> Example of Running Code : A:\FREEDOS>keyb.exe TR,857,KEYBRD2.SYS

BTW, just to state the obvious, although I know that cp857 is mostly
preferred for Turkish (not that I understand it), but (with FreeDOS)
I've used cp853 successfully (which was the previously preferred
codepage for Turkish, Maltese, and Esperanto).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_page_853
en.wikipedia.org
Code page 853 (also known as CP 853 or IBM 00853) is a code page used under DOS to write Turkish, Maltese, and Esperanto. It includes all characters from ISO 8859-3.

[...]

Re: Ynt: Urgent FreeDos Keyboard Layout Hardware Help

Hi Salih,

> Keyboard layout is working well in virtualbox pc.
> But is not working in real machine as specs are given.

Oh okay misunderstanding on my side...

> We are using linux.cfg boot up from PXE to catch up mac adress with tftpserver.

If you boot from PXE, then you probably use a bootable
memdisk ramdisk for the booting of DOS on hardware which
has no SSD or harddisk? Then there might be a problem
in memory layout which interferes with your attempt to
load the keyboard driver. However, I assume you use the
same method in virtualbox, too, without problems? Maybe
different PXE support between real and virtual BIOS?

> We were using ms-dos before but after we changed production
> of our mini terminal machines (made a cpu upgrade). They
> didnt work in msdos we got emm386 compatibility errors.

Not sure if this is an option for you, but you may want to
try a number of memory driver alternatives here. In general
BIOS support for DOS is getting worse in modern PC, so the
UMB memory areas could collide with other functionality on
the computer without EMM386, JEMM386 or JEMMEX being able
to detect the problem if the BIOS fails to specify areas.

So you may want to give configurations without EMS / UMB a
try: Load only HIMEMX or similar XMS / HMA only drivers and
skip the EMS / UMB drivers. Also, carefully check the manual
of the used HIMEM- and/or EMM386-style drivers for special
compatibility options worth testing on problematic hardware.

> So we moved to freedos and now have a keyboard problem but also
> other keyboard layouts are not working too.

That sounds like a general problem in loading KEYB. Try for
example the /NOHI option of KEYB to fully load the driver
into low memory, in case high memory has issues on your new
mini terminal hardware.

Regards, Eric

PS: If you have memory area problems on the new hardware or
BIOS of the new hardware, of course the KEYB driver will not
be the only part which can experience problems. So try to
make sure that both keyb AND memory drivers are really okay.

Ynt: Ynt: Urgent FreeDos Keyboard Layout Hardware Help

Salih Yuhnis

Hi Eric,

Thanks for explanation at this side and yes we are not using any disk on machines using direct acess to map server disk and

our new hardware with freedos  works same like  we used Ms-dos about 20 years of time without any problems but the main problem is as you specified with our new hardware's freedos-> keyb.exe cannot load into to memory correctly and it auto use default 457.

We will try settings like you write now for using low memory and return to you if it works. Also if there are other, changed  newly written codes of keyb.exe kind that you can orient. Again we can try those methods also.

There is still reward on this job as its business. Again who will solve our problem will be rewarded gently. (500$)

Thanks and best regards.

Salih.

> Keyboard layout is working well in virtualbox pc.
> But is not working in real machine as specs are given.

Oh okay misunderstanding on my side...

> We are using linux.cfg boot up from PXE to catch up mac adress with tftpserver.

If you boot from PXE, then you probably use a bootable
memdisk ramdisk for the booting of DOS on hardware which
has no SSD or harddisk? Then there might be a problem
in memory layout which interferes with your attempt to
load the keyboard driver. However, I assume you use the
same method in virtualbox, too, without problems? Maybe
different PXE support between real and virtual BIOS?

> We were using ms-dos before but after we changed production
> of our mini terminal machines (made a cpu upgrade). They
> didnt work in msdos we got emm386 compatibility errors.

Not sure if this is an option for you, but you may want to
try a number of memory driver alternatives here. In general
BIOS support for DOS is getting worse in modern PC, so the
UMB memory areas could collide with other functionality on
the computer without EMM386, JEMM386 or JEMMEX being able
to detect the problem if the BIOS fails to specify areas.

So you may want to give configurations without EMS / UMB a
try: Load only HIMEMX or similar XMS / HMA only drivers and
skip the EMS / UMB drivers. Also, carefully check the manual
of the used HIMEM- and/or EMM386-style drivers for special
compatibility options worth testing on problematic hardware.

> So we moved to freedos and now have a keyboard problem but also
> other keyboard layouts are not working too.

That sounds like a general problem in loading KEYB. Try for
example the /NOHI option of KEYB to fully load the driver
into low memory, in case high memory has issues on your new
mini terminal hardware.

Regards, Eric

PS: If you have memory area problems on the new hardware or
BIOS of the new hardware, of course the KEYB driver will not
be the only part which can experience problems. So try to
make sure that both keyb AND memory drivers are really okay.

lists.sourceforge.net
To see the collection of prior postings to the list, visit the Freedos-user Archives. Using Freedos-user: To post a message to all the list members ...

Re: Urgent FreeDos Keyboard Layout Hardware Help

Eric Auer-3

Hi Salih,

not sure if you have fully answered all my questions, so let me
ask for details: Are you using PXE on virtualbox, too? Are you
using memdisk to boot via PXE? In short, are all aspects of the
software and configuration completely identical between the real
terminal pc hardware and the virtualbox situation? Could you let
us see your config and autoexec files, maybe even mentioning the
version numbers of the used drivers?

Thanks! Regards, Eric

Ynt: Urgent FreeDos Keyboard Layout Hardware Help

Salih Yuhnis
Salih Yuhnis has shared a OneDrive file with you. To view it, click the link below.

 I think file attachment exceeded size limit as the file is nearly 1mb.

Tried to attach again as onedrive.

not sure if you have fully answered all my questions, so let me
ask for details: Are you using PXE on virtualbox, too? Are you
using memdisk to boot via PXE? In short, are all aspects of the
software and configuration completely identical between the real
terminal pc hardware and the virtualbox situation? Could you let
us see your config and autoexec files, maybe even mentioning the
version numbers of the used drivers?

Thanks! Regards, Eric

lists.sourceforge.net
To see the collection of prior postings to the list, visit the Freedos-user Archives. Using Freedos-user: To post a message to all the list members ...

Re: Ynt: Urgent FreeDos Keyboard Layout Hardware Help

Eric Auer-3

Hi Salih,

thanks for sharing the 1.44 MB boot floppy image. It is correct that
you cannot send files to the list, but the config & autoexec easily
fits into a mail for the list by cut and paste:

> !DEVICE=A:\DRIVER\HIMEM.EXE

Supports options to manually select things but default should be okay.

> !DEVICE=A:\DRIVER\EMM386.EXE FRAME=d800 X=TEST

If you do not really need EMS 3 support, you should not force EMM386
to provide a page frame. In particular, you should not force it to
use a hardcoded location which may or may not work on a given system.

You could for example try: X=TEST I=TEST NOEMS /VERBOSE

> !COUNTRY=090,857,A:\DRIVER\COUNTRY.SYS
> !SHELL=A:\COMMAND.COM A:\ /E:2048 /F /MSG /P=A:\FREEDOS\FDAUTO.BAT

> !DEVICEHIGH=A:\DRIVER\XDMA.SYS

XDMA is rather old. If you do not need it, you can skip it.

> !DEVICE=A:\DRIVER\SRDXMS.SYS

You may want to specify the size of the desired ramdisk here?

> !DOSDATA=UMB
> !DOS=HIGH,UMB
> !FILES=120
> !BUFFERS=30
> !LASTDRIVE=Z

> @echo off
>
> PATH=A:\;A:\FREEDOS;A:\DRIVER
>
> DISPLAY con=(EGA,857,1)
> mode con codepage prepare=((857) A:\FREEDOS\EGA.CPX)
> mode con codepage select=857
> NLSFUNC /Y A:\DRIVER\COUNTRY.SYS
> KEYB.exe tr,857,A:\FREEDOS\keybrd2.sys /id:179

Interesting that you specify a special variant of keyboard.
As mentioned earlier, you may want to use /NOHI for KEYB.

> VTUR

Your software gets started at boot automatically.

Finally, here is a full list of versions of used files. They
seem to be a bit old in general, but it is quite possible that
many files simply had no updates since then, as they already
had reached the desired state.

File sizes & versions root:

   315 fdconfig.sys
 46685 KERNEL.SYS 2042 (build 2042 OEM:0xfd) [compiled May 11 2016]
 66945 COMMAND.COM 0.84-pre2 XMS_Swap [Aug 28 2006 00:29:00]

File sizes & versions freedos:

  233 fdauto.bat
  504 getargs.com reads memdisk command line
  510 hdd.bat textinst / postinst installer caller??
 1024 xmssize.com 2005, checks free XMS
 1456 iniadd.com 2004, edits config
 1530 oscheck.com 2004, checks boot sector type
 2839 nlsfunc.exe 2004, version 0.4, /Y loads optional Y/N tables
 2977 append.exe 2004, appends search path for data files
 3657 DISPLAY.EXE 0.13b, loads custom fonts
 3759 localize.com 2003, shows translateable messages
 4149 choice.exe 2003, version 4.4, lets user make choices
 5861 DOSKEY.COM obsolete, command.com has functionality built-in
 6464 EGA.CPX from CPIDOS, with fonts 437, 850, 858, 852, 853, 857
11446 KEYB.EXE version 2.01
11681 sys.com version 3.6e
13077 KEYBRD4.SYS keyboard definitions
14395 VTUR.COM (your own software)
16254 MODE.COM old 2005 version
17049 USBKEYB.COM version 0.09
29722 KEYBRD2.SYS keyboard definitions
30189 EDIT.HLP compressed help texts
36640 KEYBRD3.SYS keyboard definitions
40332 KEYBOARD.SYS keyboard definitions
49264 srdisk.exe version 2.09 (Marko Kohtala's resizeable ramdisk)
64046 EDIT.EXE (text editor)

File sizes & versions driver:

 1577 eltorito.sys version 1.4
 2423 shsucdhd.exe version 3.01
 2535 xdma.sys old version 3.3
 2882 srdxms.sys version 2.09 (see above)
 3069 devload.com version 3.15
 3745 xcdrom.sys version 2.3
 4595 cdrcache.sys 2004 version
 5612 shsucdx.com version 3.03a (SHCDX33A)
 8058 himem.exe version 3.26, Aug 25 2006
15201 USBUHCI.OVL overlay for usbuhci
16799 emm386.exe version 2.26, Aug 25 2006
20776 USBUHCI.COM version 0.14, apparently 2010
30250 country.sys data file for nlsfunc country specific settings

Maybe the others have additional comments on the used file versions!

Regards, Eric

Re: Ynt: Urgent FreeDos Keyboard Layout Hardware Help

tom ehlert
Dear Eric Auer,

could concentrate ONCE on the problem at hand, and not on all this
blablabla about file versions?

the problem seems to be that this freedos.img, booted in VirtualBox,
is able to generate funny characters (i without dot, C with hook, ...)
and not on real hardware.

now it would be cool if we had a screenshot (photo) of this iamge,
booted on real hardware.

btw: don't use EMM386 at all (for the moment), although I would not
expect problems.

now remove EVERYTHING not strictly necessary except keyboard.sys

last question: do you have the problem on the command line as well, or
only in VTUR?

Tom

am 10. September 2016 um 13:52 schrieben Sie:

> [...]

> 30189 EDIT.HLP compressed help texts
> 36640 KEYBRD3.SYS keyboard definitions
> 40332 KEYBOARD.SYS keyboard definitions
> 49264 srdisk.exe version 2.09 (Marko Kohtala's resizeable ramdisk)
> 64046 EDIT.EXE (text editor)

> File sizes & versions driver:

>  1577 eltorito.sys version 1.4
>  2423 shsucdhd.exe version 3.01
>  2535 xdma.sys old version 3.3
>  2882 srdxms.sys version 2.09 (see above)
>  3069 devload.com version 3.15
>  3745 xcdrom.sys version 2.3
>  4595 cdrcache.sys 2004 version
>  5612 shsucdx.com version 3.03a (SHCDX33A)
>  8058 himem.exe version 3.26, Aug 25 2006
> 15201 USBUHCI.OVL overlay for usbuhci
> 16799 emm386.exe version 2.26, Aug 25 2006
> 20776 USBUHCI.COM version 0.14, apparently 2010
> 30250 country.sys data file for nlsfunc country specific settings

> Maybe the others have additional comments on the used file versions!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind regards
Tom Ehlert
+49-241-79886

Ynt: Ynt: Urgent FreeDos Keyboard Layout Hardware Help

Salih Yuhnis

Hello Tom,

We have problem with loading any keyboard layout with keyb.exe as it shows no error on load up screen but in command line as you specified cannot press special chars. So looks like keyb.exe doesn't load into memory on real machine and it uses Bios default 457 layout.

I will try to load up the .img file to a file sharing site and give the link from here. So you can totally see what is inside the img file.

Thanks and Best Regards.

Salih.

Gönderildi: 10 Eylül 2016 Cumartesi 17:32
Kime: Discussion and general questions about FreeDOS.

> [...]

>  3069 devload.com version 3.15
>  3745 xcdrom.sys version 2.3
>  4595 cdrcache.sys 2004 version
>  5612 shsucdx.com version 3.03a (SHCDX33A)
>  8058 himem.exe version 3.26, Aug 25 2006
> 15201 USBUHCI.OVL overlay for usbuhci
> 16799 emm386.exe version 2.26, Aug 25 2006
> 20776 USBUHCI.COM version 0.14, apparently 2010
> 30250 country.sys data file for nlsfunc country specific settings

> Maybe the others have additional comments on the used file versions!

> Regards, Eric

lists.sourceforge.net
To see the collection of prior postings to the list, visit the Freedos-user Archives. Using Freedos-user: To post a message to all the list members ...

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind regards
Tom Ehlert
+49-241-79886

Ynt: Ynt: Urgent FreeDos Keyboard Layout Hardware Help

I am sending you the .img file link so you can see and offer us some changes in file  so we can try if it works.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkNm1JMHq4wuazaBlkp3MK5AWr8

Thanks and Best regards.

Salih.

Gönderildi: 10 Eylül 2016 Cumartesi 14:52
Kime: Discussion and general questions about FreeDOS.

> [...]

 2423 shsucdhd.exe version 3.01
 2535 xdma.sys old version 3.3
 2882 srdxms.sys version 2.09 (see above)
 3069 devload.com version 3.15
 3745 xcdrom.sys version 2.3
 4595 cdrcache.sys 2004 version
 5612 shsucdx.com version 3.03a (SHCDX33A)
 8058 himem.exe version 3.26, Aug 25 2006
15201 USBUHCI.OVL overlay for usbuhci
16799 emm386.exe version 2.26, Aug 25 2006
20776 USBUHCI.COM version 0.14, apparently 2010
30250 country.sys data file for nlsfunc country specific settings

Maybe the others have additional comments on the used file versions!

Regards, Eric

lists.sourceforge.net
To see the collection of prior postings to the list, visit the Freedos-user Archives. Using Freedos-user: To post a message to all the list members ...

Ynt: Ynt: Urgent FreeDos Keyboard Layout Hardware Help

Also you can inspect the img file as i moved the file in one drive  share link ;

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkNm1JMHq4wuazaBlkp3MK5AWr8

1drv.ms
Compressed (zipped) Folder

Thanks and best regards.

Salih.

Gönderildi: 10 Eylül 2016 Cumartesi 17:32
Kime: Discussion and general questions about FreeDOS.

> [...]

>  3069 devload.com version 3.15
>  3745 xcdrom.sys version 2.3
>  4595 cdrcache.sys 2004 version
>  5612 shsucdx.com version 3.03a (SHCDX33A)
>  8058 himem.exe version 3.26, Aug 25 2006
> 15201 USBUHCI.OVL overlay for usbuhci
> 16799 emm386.exe version 2.26, Aug 25 2006
> 20776 USBUHCI.COM version 0.14, apparently 2010
> 30250 country.sys data file for nlsfunc country specific settings

> Maybe the others have additional comments on the used file versions!

> Regards, Eric

lists.sourceforge.net
To see the collection of prior postings to the list, visit the Freedos-user Archives. Using Freedos-user: To post a message to all the list members ...

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind regards
Tom Ehlert
+49-241-79886

Ynt: Ynt: Urgent FreeDos Keyboard Layout Hardware Help

We will try your config as you specified and return to you if it will solve the problem.

Again for the problem is no error in loading img file with keyb.exe as it shows everything is ok with keyb.exe load same in virtualbox but keyboard layout is always bios default 457 in real machine.

Thanks and best regards.

Salih.

Gönderildi: 10 Eylül 2016 Cumartesi 14:52
Kime: Discussion and general questions about FreeDOS.

> [...]

30189 EDIT.HLP compressed help texts
36640 KEYBRD3.SYS keyboard definitions
40332 KEYBOARD.SYS keyboard definitions
49264 srdisk.exe version 2.09 (Marko Kohtala's resizeable ramdisk)
64046 EDIT.EXE (text editor)

File sizes & versions driver:

 1577 eltorito.sys version 1.4
 2423 shsucdhd.exe version 3.01
 2535 xdma.sys old version 3.3
 2882 srdxms.sys version 2.09 (see above)
 3069 devload.com version 3.15
 3745 xcdrom.sys version 2.3
 4595 cdrcache.sys 2004 version
 5612 shsucdx.com version 3.03a (SHCDX33A)
 8058 himem.exe version 3.26, Aug 25 2006
15201 USBUHCI.OVL overlay for usbuhci
16799 emm386.exe version 2.26, Aug 25 2006
20776 USBUHCI.COM version 0.14, apparently 2010
30250 country.sys data file for nlsfunc country specific settings

Maybe the others have additional comments on the used file versions!

Re: Ynt: Ynt: Urgent FreeDos Keyboard Layout Hardware Help

Ralf Quint
On 9/10/2016 1:57 PM, Salih Yuhnis wrote:

Hi Eric,

We will try your config as you specified and return to you if it will solve the problem.

Again for the problem is no error in loading img file with keyb.exe as it shows everything is ok with keyb.exe load same in virtualbox but keyboard layout is always bios default 457 in real machine.

Well, one question you have so far avoided to answer is how the actual setup of real machine and VirtualBox machine differ. Do you run the VB image on the same physical hardware as the FreeDOS image you are booting over PXE?

Also, in another post, you mentioned that keyb.exe "doesn't load"? Have you verified that with MEM that it isn't in fact loaded?

Ralf

Avast logo

Ynt: Ynt: Ynt: Urgent FreeDos Keyboard Layout Hardware Help

Salih Yuhnis

Hi Ralf,

Yes Virtualbox and real machine is exactly loading same without generating any errors. In Virtualbox keyboard layout is working. In Real machine its not working.

When we check in memory looks like a problem in real machine side.

Thanks.

Salih.

On 9/10/2016 1:57 PM, Salih Yuhnis wrote:

Hi Eric,

We will try your config as you specified and return to you if it will solve the problem.

Again for the problem is no error in loading img file with keyb.exe as it shows everything is ok with keyb.exe load same in virtualbox but keyboard layout is always bios default 457 in real machine.

Well, one question you have so far avoided to answer is how the actual setup of real machine and VirtualBox machine differ. Do you run the VB image on the same physical hardware as the FreeDOS image you are booting over PXE?

Also, in another post, you mentioned that keyb.exe "doesn't load"? Have you verified that with MEM that it isn't in fact loaded?

Ralf

Avast logo

Re: Ynt: Ynt: Ynt: Urgent FreeDos Keyboard Layout Hardware Help

Ralf Quint
On 9/10/2016 2:31 PM, Salih Yuhnis wrote:

Hi Ralf,

Yes Virtualbox and real machine is exactly loading same without generating any errors. In Virtualbox keyboard layout is working. In Real machine its not working.

When we check in memory looks like a problem in real machine side.

You are not answering the question!
Where do you run VirtualBox? on the very same physical machine?

Also, you did not answer the question if you verified that keyb.exe isn't actually loaded or if your parameters you are trying to give it don't work?

Ralf

Avast logo

Ynt: Ynt: Ynt: Ynt: Urgent FreeDos Keyboard Layout Hardware Help

Salih Yuhnis

Hello Ralf,

We run virtualbox in another windows machine to test if the img file is working or not. Keyb.exe is actually loaded without generating any errors on both

physical machine and virtualbox enviroment.

On physical machine any of keyboard layouts not work. In Virtualbox every keyboard layout is working.

We think real machine memory side has a problem with loading keyb.exe.

Thanks.

Salih.