Using USB Mass Storage on FreeDOS

Karen Lewellen-2
From: Ercan Ersoy <[hidden email]>

Hello,

I tried using my USB mass storage on Virtualbox 5.0.36. I using
USBASPI.SYS and USBDOS programs. But, I don't use my mass storage.

How can I using my mass storage on FreeDOS?

Thanks and best regards,
Ercan

--- Internet Rex 2.29
 * Origin: capcity2.synchro.net - 502/875-8938 (276:10/901)
--- Synchronet 3.15a-Linux ListGate 1.3
 *  Capitol City Online - Frankfort, KY - telnet://capitolcityonline.net

Re: Using USB Mass Storage on FreeDOS

Karen Lewellen-2
From: Rugxulo <[hidden email]>

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 10:02 AM, Ercan Ersoy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I tried using my USB mass storage on Virtualbox 5.0.36.

You mean "pass-through" or whatever, using native hardware under VM?
Doubt VBox supports that for DOS guests (since they don't have any
guest additions for DOS, last I heard).

> I using
> USBASPI.SYS and USBDOS programs. But, I don't use my mass storage.

USBASPI? That doesn't come with FreeDOS, AFAIK, hence it's probably
not supported nor recommended (and won't work).

> How can I using my mass storage on FreeDOS?

I'm not sure if you can. Half-jokingly, you should maybe try this:

http://ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackware/slackware-11.0/zipslack/

Better than nothing?  ;-)