Writting FreeDOS Book

Ercan Ersoy

Hello.

I have started a FreeDOS book in my free time. My book's name is "FreeDOS İşletim Sistemi" (FreeDOS Operating System).

May I use "FreeDOS" name on my book's name?

May I write a FreeDOS book?

Best regards,

Ercan

Re: Writting FreeDOS Book

Jim Hall-2
I assume your book is about FreeDOS? Yes, this should be fine.

I think you're asking because of the FreeDOS trademark we mention on
the website. (http://www.freedos.org/trademark/) That's to protect us
in case someone else gets an idea to create a new operating system and
call it "FreeDOS." We officially claimed the "FreeDOS" trademark in
2001, although the FreeDOS Project was established in 1994, and have
been using the name on a website since 1996, and in Pat Villani's book
in 1996.

When your book is published, share a link here! I'd love to read it,
and mention it on the website.

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 8:38 AM, Ercan Ersoy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello.
>

> I have started a FreeDOS book in my free time. My book's name is "FreeDOS İşletim Sistemi" (FreeDOS Operating System).
>

> May I use "FreeDOS" name on my book's name?
>

> May I write a FreeDOS book?
>

> Best regards,
>
> Ercan

Re: Writting FreeDOS Book

Karen Lewellen-2
From: Jim Hall <[hidden email]>

I assume your book is about FreeDOS? Yes, this should be fine.

I think you're asking because of the FreeDOS trademark we mention on
the website. (http://www.freedos.org/trademark/) That's to protect us
in case someone else gets an idea to create a new operating system and
call it "FreeDOS." We officially claimed the "FreeDOS" trademark in
2001, although the FreeDOS Project was established in 1994, and have
been using the name on a website since 1996, and in Pat Villani's book
in 1996.

When your book is published, share a link here! I'd love to read it,
and mention it on the website.

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 8:38 AM, Ercan Ersoy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello.
>

> I have started a FreeDOS book in my free time. My book's name is "FreeDOS
-#+fletim Sistemi" (FreeDOS Operating System).

> May I use "FreeDOS" name on my book's name?
>

> May I write a FreeDOS book?
>

> Best regards,
>
> Ercan

--- Internet Rex 2.29
 * Origin: capcity2.synchro.net - 502/875-8938 (276:10/901)
--- Synchronet 3.15a-Linux ListGate 1.3
 *  Capitol City Online - Frankfort, KY - telnet://capitolcityonline.net

Writting FreeDOS Book

Ercan Ersoy

Thanks for replying.

My FreeDOS Book's Link: https://www.gitbook.com/book/ercanersoy/freedos-isletim-sistemi/details