Quantcast

after find

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

after find

BlameTroi
Originally to: ALL


I'm curious as to why FreeDOS is trying to read a:. I've built a VM in
VirtualBox and most things work well, but while digging around looking
for information, I got this after a FIND command.

C:\ELVIS\DOC>find /i "env" e*.htm
.... file list ...
Error reading from drive A: DOS area: general failure

I've triple checked and I have nothing in my autoexec or config that
points to drive A:, nor does A: show up in any of the environment
variables. Of course, that drive is empty.

Not a show stopper, but any idea why it is happening? Is there
anything I can do to stop it?

Thanks.

Troi.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Freedos-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freedos-user



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Freedos-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freedos-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Bug with FreeDOS 1.2 and "find"?

Ulrich Hansen-2

> Am 16.01.2017 um 13:12 schrieb BlameTroi <[hidden email]>:
> I got this after a FIND command.
>
> C:\ELVIS\DOC>find /i "env" e*.htm
> .... file list ...
> Error reading from drive A: DOS area: general failure
>
> I've triple checked and I have nothing in my autoexec or config that
> points to drive A:, nor does A: show up in any of the environment
> variables. Of course, that drive is empty.

I can verify the problem in FreeDOS 1.2. It doesn’t happen in FreeDOS 1.1.
Look at the screenshot:
https://lazybrowndog.net/freedos/files/find-bug.png




------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Freedos-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freedos-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Bug with FreeDOS 1.2 and "find"?

tom ehlert

>> Am 16.01.2017 um 13:12 schrieb BlameTroi <[hidden email]>:
>> I got this after a FIND command.
>>
>> C:\ELVIS\DOC>find /i "env" e*.htm
>> .... file list ...
>> Error reading from drive A: DOS area: general failure
>>
>> I've triple checked and I have nothing in my autoexec or config that
>> points to drive A:, nor does A: show up in any of the environment
>> variables. Of course, that drive is empty.

> I can verify the problem in FreeDOS 1.2. It doesn’t happen in FreeDOS 1.1.
> Look at the screenshot:
> https://lazybrowndog.net/freedos/files/find-bug.png

as stated elsewhere, the bug happens when

    FIND is compiled using TC 2.01
    you have no drive in A:

it's simply a bug in FIND

Tom




------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Freedos-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freedos-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Bug with FreeDOS 1.2 and "find"?

Ulrich Hansen-2

> Am 20.01.2017 um 17:21 schrieb Tom Ehlert <[hidden email]>:
>
> as stated elsewhere, the bug happens when
>
>    FIND is compiled using TC 2.01
>    you have no drive in A:
>
> it's simply a bug in FIND

Thank you very much. I was just curious. Never came across it before.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Freedos-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freedos-user
Loading...