"Datalight Makes Industry-Leading ROM-DOS Free to Single Users"

"Datalight Makes Industry-Leading ROM-DOS Free to Single Users"

Florian Xaver
Hi!

It is free now to single users. I like this news :-)

Bye, Flo

Re: "Datalight Makes Industry-Leading ROM-DOS Free to Single Users"

Jim Hall-2
Florian Xaver wrote:
> Hi!
>
> It is free now to single users. I like this news :-)
>
> Bye, Flo

Hi Florian,

Is there a URL for this news story?  I'm having trouble locating the
original story.

-jh

--
I'm sorry my president's an idiot. I didn't vote for him.

Re: "Datalight Makes Industry-Leading ROM-DOS Free to Single Users"

Bernd Blaauw
http://datalight.com/products/romdos/productdetails_su.php

Bernd

Re: "Datalight Makes Industry-Leading ROM-DOS Free to Single Users"

paul makinen
--- Jim Hall <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Florian Xaver wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > It is free now to single users. I like this news
> :-)
> >
> > Bye, Flo
> >

> a URL for this news story?

See http://datalight.com/products/romdos/ for confirmation.

re: "Datalight Makes Industry-Leading ROM-DOS Free to Single Users"

Eric Auer

Hi, I browsed the Datalight ROM-DOS site a bit...
- you gotta register to get the single user version (free)
- ROM-DOS requires 186+ CPU. If you want it in ROM: It takes 60-90k.
- included drivers: ansi ata display, vdisk, stackdev, print, power,
  mscdex, himem, emm386, keyb.
- included tools: attrib backup chkdsk choice COMM command (with help)
  COMPRESS deltree DISK2IMG diskcomp diskcopy DUMP exe2bin fdisk find
  format label mem mode more move NED (editor) print REMDISK REMQUIT
  REMSERV restore RSZ SERLINK SERSERV share smartdrv sort subst sys tree
  TRANSFER xcopy.
- included extra files: ega/ega3 CPI, keyboard/keybrd2 sys, country sys.

> http://datalight.com/products/romdos/productdetails_su.php

Thanks for telling us about those interesting news :-).
ROM-DOS comes in 2 variants: With and without FAT32 support.
You can even get a SDK with sources and TCP/IP stack.

Some unknown file meanings: ata -> cdrom?, compress -> like LZSS?,
remdisk/remquit/remserv and serlink/serserv -> network/link cable
drive letters like FileMaven/Laplink/InterLnk?, rsz/disk2img/dump -> ROM
related?, comm/transfer -> serial link stuff? stackdev -> ???.

Eric