wireless ethernet

Alf-8
just a quick question, is there any 802.11 b/g pcmcia cards that have dos
support?

-Alf

Re: wireless ethernet

Christopher Evans
http://www.tech-faq.com/wi-fi-software-tools.shtml#wi-fi-software-tools-for-unix

Not much out there for such, all Windows, MAC OS and Unix but some of
the links there are items with source code and perhaps can be ported? I
miss the days when the specification API for the  hardware was included
with the product :)

--

--chris
1-916-501-1423

RE: wireless ethernet

Andreas Bollhalder
I use a Cisco Aironet PCMCIA card. It's an old one. With the outdated
128bit WEP-key it only has a troughput of 2Mbit/s. Without encryption,
it's 11Mbit/s. You need a generic PCMCIA socket or the card services
loaded. Then you can program the WEP-key onto the card with a tool. I
use LSL.COM and the 16-bit DOS-ODI network driver of Cisco. It works
transparently for my application. Other cards had DOS drivers too
(with the Orinoco chipset). Unfortunatly, the most manufacturs miss
DOS drivers today. I got my card from an internet auction.

Andreas